Greetings from Oregon

2WR0055_Dave_OR

Much appreciation to 2WR1958 James and 17WR739 Dayan for gifting me my first and second contacts.  I will be operating as 2WR0055 Dave.

I first keyed a mic in 1974 on a Realistic Navaho radio with an Archer ground plane antenna.  I made my one and only DX contact in South Carolina and received a QSL card which I proudly displayed above the radio.  I thought I had won the lottery!  My handle back then was “Jungle Jim” (for reasons I can’t remember) and later got my FCC license as KAND8727.  At one point, I ventured into the radio shack of a family friend, jumped onto his Tempo One/Palomar rig and was amazed to have an effortless conversation with an operator in Texas on 11 meters.  The bug had firmly bit.  I spent the next few years talking locally  but slowly stepped away as C.W. McCall made CB culture a circus.

Last year, a friend gifted me a Yaesu FT-101B radio/outboard gear and I began to build out a vintage Yaesu station.  I  stood the station up and began to operate as 55 Oregon.  I have thoroughly enjoyed getting back on the air and, once again, having effortless DX conversations.  I hope to make contact with as many of you as possible and I greatly appreciate being invited into your family.  73’s

Edited by 55 Oregon
  • Like 3

Welcome to the forum, Dave 

Dave----------55-------------------2WR0055-----Roseburg, OR. (1st  James, 2nd Dayan 2/14/24)

Now just need to change your display name in the forum to.....

2WR0055_Dave_OR

• Thanks 1

Dave i was more then happy to help you with your 1st contact and even more happy when i heard that you got your 2nd contact just a few hours after i gave you your 1st contact, So welcome to TWRC 2WR0055-Dave, Use your new call sign with PRIDE..

1958 Desk top.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 2WR267_Scott said:

Hey Dave, 
Ever been to the Bakerman/ BBU break or the NW Corner Mud Dick break's near Portland?

I have not.  I’m about 180 miles south

• Like 1

Welcome Dave. I'm a new member myself, and so I know how well-received the welcomes are. This seems to be a great bunch of guys, friendly and helpful. Best of luck and hope to hear you on the air!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...