2864Iowa or 28

2WR2864_Jeff

Hello from central Iowa. Operator Jeff, I'm known locally as 28,  DX 2864Iowa. Just want to say I'm new to world radio club and looking forward to getting my 2WR number. I've made my 1st contact 2WR176 10/11/23 2nd contact 2WR522 10/13/23. I got into the hobby about a year and a half ago after I  went out to put my father's things away after he passed. Going through things I found "The Box Of CB's". I drive truck for a living so I always have the CB on for local driving but never used the radio much but for that. Interest peaked after my "find" and when I got home I kind of slapped a 102" whip on a 15' pole and hooked up his old base and the next thing i know i made contact with a local here and we must have talked for like three hours. I was hooked right there. Anyway that's the short of it. Also we have a small group that gets together Wednesday evening at 7:00pm central time, LSB 16 if you like to check in and say hello. 73's

• Like 1