Newbie help please

Randall Mcfarland

I made contact with NB777 on May 30th 2023. I advised him that he was my first contact for my WR number. He advised that he was no longer affiliated with WR for quite some time. My question is does this still count as a good first contact for me since he is still listed as administrator and moderator for WR? Thank you 

Randall McFarland (Trail Boss)

Hello Randall,

If you actually asked 777 to log you as a 1st contact then yes. If not, he wouldn't log
the contact and it would not count as a first contact.

A good way to get your WR call is to print out the list of admin/mods and have it handy.
When you hear one make sure you let them know you are looking for your 1st,2nd etc.

Second thing that is very helpful is to get logged onto discord where you can ask for a
possible contact on 27.395 or?  there is almost always a few mods/admin on discord.

This discord link will be valid for 7 days:     https://discord.gg/hCeFGsFJ

Best of Luck!

Ray

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had a very strong and clear qso. I told him he was my first contact for my WR number. He advised that NB takes up most of his time now and he doesn’t participate anymore with being an administrator or moderator with WR. 

Randall

• Confused 2

Hey Randall.

If you haven't yet looked for a unused number, Here is the Div. 2 member's list for you to gander at.

If you have already looked at the list and picked out a unused number, Send me a PM with the number you want and your location and i will reserve the number you want in out pending list.

Best of luck. Scott.

• Like 1

Keep your chin up there Randall. It took me almost three month to get my first contact, and that was with a admin out of Australia. Then got my 2nd the next day.