Hello from the road!

red_1

I am from Ohio. I recently got my cdl's and went for the long haul. I'm new to the radio hobby and I want to learn more. I will be building a skip shooting antenna and I already have 2 high power radios. I hope to talk soon!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good luck in your travels red_1. I retired otr a little over 3yrs ago, was an owner operator hauling equipment, mostly farm out of the Midwest and prairie area. I have 33yrs plus driving so I know what you’ll be going through. Anyways be careful and safe out there. I’m a new member just setting up my base station again. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hey Red1. Another retired trucker here. Wondering if any of your radios have SSB capability. That's what you really need if you want distance talking skip. Yes, you can do it with "big" radios, and even with stock CBs, but SSB is the best. I have a Wilson Trucker 2000 on my pickup truck and an Anytone AT-6666 (Quad 6) and I have been talking all over the country for about 2 months now and even the UK a couple times!. Something to think about. Hope to hear you on the air sometime! As Joh h said- Keep 'er safe out there!