Becoming a Needlebender

Alan258

Hi there,

I'm Alan, known as 16SW258, and been on the radio since okt 1979. I spoke to some NB stations, and was wondering how to become one. I live in Belgium in a small place called Begijnendijk, between Brussels and Antwerp. 

Can somebody inform me pls? Thanks in advance.

Best 73's

Alan 16SW258

Needlebenders are by invitation only from the President, NB777 Rick.  He is always listening to stations, for those who are courteous, polite to others even in crowded conditions, and etiquette.  Just keep being out there, being heard, and run a clean station, you never know, one day, you might get invited 

• Like 2

Howdy,   

It always helps to Be Heard, Being Courteous, if ya know what I mean, which is one reason Triple Seven (Tampa area) is able to hear the chosen operators he's does, most clearly as many use high gain antennas, large amplifiers or a combination of the two! So, if your desire is to earn a Needle Bender (NB) Callsign, listen to any NB operating style and note how they operate their stations. Loud and Clear, usually no echo or roger beeps, always being a courteous operator to others. ARRL.org has an article known as "The Courteous Radio Operator" or something similar about proper radio etiquette. It is worth reading.  Generally speaking, Radio must be in your blood, so to say. Good luck in your quest if it's still something you'd like to pursue! Recently I've also heard Triple Seven will also listen to recommendations from club members and friends, which sounds reasonable.

73/GdDX, 2DT214 John 

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

6w533 here, was gifted my number by a similar group back in '76, hope I'm not the last man standing but I don,t hear any 6w folks out there anymore.

If nb533 is available, I'll be heard out there and hopefully considered for that number....

73's

Dick