Allow me to introduce myself

Triple6

Hello, My name Is Jonathan Horner. I live in Interlachen, FL., which is in North Central Florida, about 25 miles west of Gainesville. I have been in the hobby since the 80's, when a mobile radio was a necessity, before cell phones. My best friend was also in the hobby, and we learned a lot from each other, and books, because there wasn't an internet with all the answers back then. He passed back in 2009, and I just couldn't bring myself to pick up a mic for a long time, and ended up selling off all my equipment. However, I got back into it about 5 years ago, and I am more into it than I was back then, so I think my friend would smile if he knew how much I enjoyed it now. I made a small business out of it, because this hobby is expensive, and I needed a way to offset the cost of my equipment. So, I started buying up used stuff, refurbishing and selling, then I moved to things like estate sales and buying up lots of equipment from people getting out of the hobby, or just people looking to unload some of their stuff. So, by doing that, I have almost no money invested in what I have now, by always making sure to turn a profit to pay for the things I wanted for myself. I also have ran into some really good people that have just given me equipment out of the goodness of their heart. That's what I love about the community, the people, in general, are kind and willing to help a fellow hobbyist out. Other than buying and selling, I also do radio repair and/or tune-ups and amplifier repairs for the locals. I build custom Yagi antennas out of the highest grade aluminum tubing, and also guild my own gamma matches out of stainless steel tubing. Let's just say that sometimes I find myself with extra time on my hands at work sometimes. I also work in a place where I can order the materials at wholesale cost, and have all the benefits of a full machine shop at my disposal. I am an electrical technician/ licensed electrician and I install some of the most advanced communication and navigation systems in all different types of marine vessels, including military ones. That's not all I do at work, I also am a certified welder, stick, MIG, and TIG; mild steel, stainless, and aluminum. I'm one of the few people at my job that they trust to do just about anything. I never saw myself in the marine industry, when I was working my way through my career, but once I got into it, I realized that everything I had been trained to do up to that point, had prepared me for this job, and I love it. Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I look forward to meeting more of you.   Triple6  ~Twisted~Transistors~

QSL card.jpg

• Like 2