ALpha Wiskey 714 Wavin from Central Cali

AgapeWarrior714

Howdy Everybody I hope all is well. I am glad to be a part of the WR group !! I was able to get a check in a couple weeks back and it sounded like an official contact but can't find that particular roster anywhere. Oh well I did not get the call of the control op. I have been playin with 11m since the mid 70's and really got goin in the 90s in SF Bay area. Up in the foothills now and having fun workin on the station.

73s

Agape Warrior - Alpha Whiskey 714 - AW - the root beer man

PXL_20220520_034209079.jpg

• Like 1

I found the check in list - Here is 2WR777 Rick's 4th Florida over the air check in for 05/08/2022

I am entry 112 -714 !!! is this my first contact ???? he did not indicate as such on the list ??

1 hour ago, AgapeWarrior714 said:

I found the check in list - Here is 2WR777 Rick's 4th Florida over the air check in for 05/08/2022

I am entry 112 -714 !!! is this my first contact ???? he did not indicate as such on the list ??

Mabey you didn't tell 2WR777 Rick you were wanting this to be your 1st contact to obtain a WR number.

With out clearly stating while the contact is made that you want a WR number you may have to keep trying.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2WR267_Scott said:

Mabey you didn't tell 2WR777 Rick you were wanting this to be your 1st contact to obtain a WR number.

With out clearly stating while the contact is made that you want a WR number you may have to keep trying.

ok thanks for the reply,,, yea it was pretty busy that day,, no prob I will b sure to give that a go next time 73s

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello to all.  Scott here, newly awarded 2WR903, "aka Scooby Doo" "aka from the 70's, Blue Flame".

I am located in Ventura California, on the Pacific coast. I started in CB back in the early 70's with a pair of Midland 3ch Walkie Talkies. From there I got a 23ch mobile radio (my dad had a 12vdc power supply) with a 1/4 wave ground plain. At one point I had the radio mounted on my bicycle with a small battery and a 102" whip. I can't remember how, but I ended up with a Avanti PDL II antenna, on a small rotator. I was 10/8 and straight!

In my later teens, there was a group of us that would meet at the local mall on Friday night. That was T-hunt night. My friend had a 1965 VW Squarback with a fiberglass whip mounter on the rear roof, like a tail. We would go the the surplus electronics supply store and by big meters and convert them to S meters. We would wait for the T to call in, and then 10-15 cars a trucks would start doing donuts (must have looked strange to passers by) to find the direction, and head out on the hunt.  Those were good times.

I lost interest in CB in the early 80's, I wish I kept my PDL II.

Spring forward to 2010, I had been working in Broadcast Television for many years, working for a company that supplies wireless services for Sports and Entertainment. I mainly worked on Golf Events (not a golfer) supplying portable microwave systems for handheld cameras, wireless microphones, and UHF radios for communications. Worked in the 450-510 MHz, 1.4, 2.3, 3.6, and 7.0 GHz bands. Learned the importance of "Signal Path Loss".

I bought myself a Cobra 2000GTL and put a frequency expander in it. I found a Hy-Gain Penetrator and a Palomar Skipper 500. It started again.

Currently I am running a Icom IC7300, Yeasu FL7000, Homemade LFA 4 element beam, and a Sirio GPE 27. 

I am sure I will be talking to you all in the future.

Enjoy the DX'ing

Scott 2WR903

IMG_8024.JPG

IMG_8020.JPG

• Like 1