Hello from a new member-call sign request

Professor9

Hello everyone
I'm a new member in Victoria, Canada.
Please consider issuing me a call-sign !
Located on the water, there is a great deal of international VHF traffic in unusual languages, HF on 80 meters is good for a radius of 2000k
11 meters is fairly quiet with brief 5 second bits of DX coming from Worldradio in California.
- will be looking at the board here to see which frequencies and modes the group uses for international DX so that the radios here can be set up to continuously scan them. (for dx)
I am a retired engineer with a 35 year background in electronics, in the shack are transcievers which cover 80 meters to 1ghz, continuous.
For 10-12 meters there Are: 1 ranger and 1 Anytone 
For 80-10 meters, Icom 
Yaesu with modified code plugs
-total of 6 base rigs.
My UK Charle-Tango call sign is: 9CT019
-will use it until a WR call sign is considered by the group.
Look forward to talking with you on the net
Regards 
Personal is Ron

IMG_1934.JPG

• Like 4

Hello Professor9

We appreciate your interest in The World Radio Club.  WR call signs are awarded to operators that make contact with certain club members on the air.  Usually takes a minimum of two contacts to qualify.  Best course of action is to listen for the World Radio Check-in on Sunday afternoons on 27.395.  When conditions are favorable you will hear lots of WR stations on the air.  Attempt to check in and indicate your interest in joining the club. 

You can also hang out in our chat room and try to sked a contact  http://twrc.us/avchat/

Thanks again for your interest in our club and good luck! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1