Brand new

Danno

Follow up to intro..

Greetings WR club members and visitors. I'm new again into the world of the citizen band radio after 30yrs and studying to acquire my HAM licence. My pops had a CB in our rigs in the '80s early '90s and I always wanted a CB in my truck when I turned 16 in '96 but by then the cellular telephone had taken hold of the world and none of my friends wanted to get cb's so it kinda died out for me..plus I'm Canadian and vhf pretty much took over there. So now I'm 40 and have been recently getting back into the world of radios and RF communication. Had a look online and got the recipe for a homemade vertical dipole and starting to test it out along with my Bearcat 980 SSB. Hopefully will make contact and looking to make contact with administrators and anyone else along the way. Happy to be on the air again.

73's for now

• Like 5

On 5/8/2020 at 10:55 AM, Danno said:

Follow up to intro..

Greetings WR club members and visitors. I'm new again into the world of the citizen band radio after 30yrs and studying to acquire my HAM licence. My pops had a CB in our rigs in the '80s early '90s and I always wanted a CB in my truck when I turned 16 in '96 but by then the cellular telephone had taken hold of the world and none of my friends wanted to get cb's so it kinda died out for me..plus I'm Canadian and vhf pretty much took over there. So now I'm 40 and have been recently getting back into the world of radios and RF communication. Had a look online and got the recipe for a homemade vertical dipole and starting to test it out along with my Bearcat 980 SSB. Hopefully will make contact and looking to make contact with administrators and anyone else along the way. Happy to be on the air again.

73's for now

Welcome and good DX'n

• Like 1