New prospect here

9WR2356 Brian

Hi. Names Brian and I’m from the SE corner of BC Canada about 50mi north of the border. Now propagation conditions are coming around I want to get on board. I played with CB in the late 80s and have been a Short wave listener for years.I love all things radio. Im studying for my ham license and hope to write as soon as all this virus stuff has passed. I just put up a new antenna and hope to see if I can get some contacts stateside. The last skip cycle on Apr.16 was really fun to listen to and eager to earn membership here. I will try barefoot first and step up to a small amp if I have to.  Please if your a Wash, Idaho or Montana guy and would like to try to set up a list of members to try for it would be appreciated. Waiting for the next propagation cycle😄

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Here’s the new home brew 5/8 wave vertical. 21.5 feet of awesomeness costing me $16.00. It works well and I’m talking to a friend 24mi out on AM regular ground wave consitantly.  Just waiting for next wave of skip.

AD331B51-1D80-46D5-8339-FF45FC1AC81D.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to make my contacts today with Scott WR-267 and Eli WR-2811.  They  have confirmed my number. So I’m happy to announce I’m 9 WR 2356.  Thank you admins and mods. 

• Like 3

Thanks Scott. I don’t know how you guys organize all the confusion but your system works. I had a nice quiet clear QSO with Eli on 37 late last night when I went to unhook the antennas. Thanks for all your encouragement. I’m having a lot of fun.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brian, would be great to chat with you soon on the Air. But i guess we need 2 years to could get a skip between CA and EU. Best Regards. 73s Frank

• Like 1